Thursday, July 17, 2008

Don't worry about your life...


well another one day trip to cleveland has come and gone. it's an annual trip i take to get checked out by some world renown doctors. the care at the clinic is second to none, that's why we go out there. however every time the yearly trip approaches i think i begin to worry. it doesn't really feel like a conscious worry either. more like some extra weight i am carrying on my back, or a hazy cloud blurring my vision. hard to explain i guess. there is a definite nervous anticipation though. cleveland is a place that haunts me in my dreams, and while i am awake. some of the worst days i have ever lived, i lived there. some of the worst news i ever heard, i heard there. the place truly frightens me.
Yet each year it somehow renews me. it somehow strengthens me. it forces me to wait. it forces me to trust. it forces humility. it forces me not to worry about the things i can't control. not to worry about my life. cleveland has created a dependence i never thought i would have. for that i am grateful.

in another news i reached a small personal milestone today. a project i have written a song for has been released. my first song on a project ever!! it's the first of many i hope! the project is called "storyteller" and the song i wrote is called "lesser if life." you can check it out here.

5 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger Shamus said...

This is a Great effin' song!

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Ash Sinniger said...

i got the cd this morning at church and popped it right into my cd player in my car. AMAZING JOB!! love it

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Ash Sinniger said...

oh by the way,i wanted to see how ur were feeling??

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger joe said...

Ry,

I love the song, but I already told you that.

If you feel like updating, my new blog address is http://wanderingthroughthedesert.blogspot.com

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Max B. said...

dude, you blog too much! you gotta slow down!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home